Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.10.2
MySword 10.2's major features are improved Copy verse range and journal entry as Scratch pad.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable Free version (MySword 10.2) from the Google Play Store.
Please note that only the Free version is now available in Google Play while the one available from this website can be upgraded to Premium or Deluxe version. The website version can always be installed over the Google Play version by checking Unknown sources (Android Settings->Security).
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
Please note that the latest version of MySword (MySword 9.2 and higher) requires ICS (Android 4.0) or higher. If your device is still Gingerbread 2.3.1 or Honeycomb, please download the older version MySword 9.1.2 below. If you still have Eclair or Froyo, please download an even older version of MySword 7.4 below.
Older version of MySword v.9.1.2 - 2 June 2018 (Gingerbread/Honeycomb)
Older version of MySword v.7.4 - 6 December 2016 (Eclair/Froyo)
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- What's new in Version 10.2
- Bugs Fixed in Version 10.2
- What's new in Version 10.1
- Bugs Fixed in Version 10.1
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Google Play" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than Google Play. To do this, go to Settings->Security and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card (or internal storage) as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the storage folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
- Main window Copy (all text or page, current verse, verse range) improvements when WYSIWYG Editor is used:
- Copy will include both HTML and plain text versions for the Clipboard. MS Word and Chrome-based apps like GMail supports the HTML version, others just plain text but without the old MySword Wiki tags.
- Copy settings for Copy verse range (Premium) with the following options:
- Place verse ref at the end
- Complete book name
- Verse per line
- Retain paragraph and poetry
- Make links work outside MySword
- Link format
- Number format
- Added Copy verse and verse range to Long tap menu. If you can't see the new items at the bottom of the long tap menu, please go back to Preferences and enable the new menu items.
- Designate a Journal entry as Scratch pad for Kitkat or higher where you can send text content to from:
- Selection in any module type view like Bible, Book, Dictionary, Commentary, Journal and Notes.
- Bible verse range with text
The new Scratch pad icon/button is found near the far right of the bottom bar for non-Compact mode. For Compact mode, you will need to customize the bottom buttons to include it. Long tap the icon for settings with the following options:
- Select Journal/Topic as scratch pad
- Option to always select scratch pad journal
- Option to send link only for non-Bible and non-selection
- Link format for non-Bible links
- Reset link format to default
- Popup and Search/Editor Preview improvement: support for external http/https links.
- WYSIWYG Editor improvements (Premium): Insert Bible link and Search Bible's Paste verse type of Verse range with text now has an option to use HTML using copy settings. The Deluxe Split for tablet's Copy verse range (long tap) also have that option.
- XRef and Merged Bible references popup's RTL verse link don't work.
- Editor Paste Special using long tap on the Paste button for HTML/formatted content with the following options:
- Paste as is - similar to long tap on the Editor, tap the caret/insert handle to show menu, then tap Paste.
- Adapt font sizes - make all hard-coded font sizes, paddings, margins, line height and text indents (px and pt) into proportional to MySword's Text size so it can be zoomed.
- Adapt colors - make all text and background colors adapt to MySword Color Theme so it will adapt to different Themes like light or dark ones.
- No colors - remove all text and backtround colors.
- No styles - remove all CSS styles (formatting).
- Text size - default to 100 (%) used by Adapt font sizes option.
- Preview - preview before pasting.
- People relationship diagram improvement: the Show people link preference now shows the following options:
- All - the old behavior of showing for all verses
- Humans only - don't show the link for God as it's already obvious and will clutter the end of verses, especially in Psalms (note that the diagram will still include God)
- No single nodes - exclude also persons without named direct ancestor or child like Paul
- Replacement of Choose folder using ES File Explorer for Lollipop and higher.
- Embedded translators' notes is not working on notes on titles, e.g. Psa 34:1 BSB.
- Split windows (Deluxe) of 3 or more panes with 2 or more non-bible panes of similar type (e.g. commentary or dictionary) but different content will have a mixed up title when Tags are updated in the Bible pane.
- Insert File Link in Editor (Deluxe) uses the Internal Storage file in case of same path name as External Storage.
Enjoy God's word even more!