Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword Project. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.9.3
MySword 9.3's major features are Named selections for Compare and Parallel, Single column Parallel view and other improvements.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable Free version (MySword 9.3) from the Google Play Store.
Please note that only the Free version is now available in Google Play while the one available from this website can be upgraded to Premium or Deluxe version. The website version can always be installed over the Google Play version by checking Unknown sources (Android Settings->Security).
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the new version from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click the download link below.
Please note that the latest version of MySword (MySword 9.2 or higher) requires ICS (Android 4.0) or higher. If your device is still Gingerbread 2.3.1 or Honeycomb, please download the older version MySword 9.1.2 below. If you still have Eclair or Froyo, please download an even older version of MySword 7.4 below.
Older version of MySword v.9.1.2 - 2 June 2018 (Gingerbread/Honeycomb)
Older version of MySword v.7.4 - 6 December 2016 (Eclair/Froyo)
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- What's new in Version 9.3
- Bugs Fixed in Version 9.3
- What's new in Version 9.2
- Bugs Fixed in Version 9.2
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Google Play" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than Google Play. To do this, go to Settings->Security and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card (or internal storage) as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the storage folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
- Preview and View Clipboard in Bible Bookmark similar to Verse List.
- New Popups preference: Compare/Parallel link as icon. This is to make (Compare) and the new (Parallel) link as icons for a more compact view.
The 4 row icon is the Commentary link while the 3 column icon is the Parallel link.
- Bible Compare now has a special link to Arrange Bibles for Compare (Free, Premium and Deluxe), and selectable list of named selections for Jellybean and higher (Deluxe).
- New preference Parallel in single column which is useful for smartphones where every translation is in a separate line similar to Compare (but unlike Compare which shows only one verse, the Parallel view shows one Chapter). This was inspired by OGNT-NET that has both NET and OGNT Greek text in the same module. Why not allow users to select what modules to have in a display similar to Compare but for the whole chapter, instead of creating custom Bible modules?
- Bible Parallel now has a special link to Arrange Bibles for Parallel (Free, Premium and Deluxe), and selectable list of named selections for Jellybean and higher (Deluxe).
- Arrange Compare, Parallel, Commentaries and Dictionaries now have named selection (Deluxe) similar to Map Locations and Search Selection:
- Manage (add/remove/save/retrieve) named selection of modules
- Filter the list
- Select all/none
- Multiple language support in TTS for Popups and non-Bible views (Deluxe). The non-Bible module should have a lang attribute for block tags like p, div, h#, li, td or inline span using 2 or 3 letter ISO language code supported by Android/Java Locale. Compare and Parallel popups already injects the language.
- Editor improvement: insert verse with text will now include lang attribute in case the Bible has a specified language so that the TTS will work better supporting multiple languages.
- Text-to-speech in some devices crashes due to IllegalArgumentException or NullPointerException.
- Text-to-speech for Bible Compare scrolling is off by one translation.
- + sign in the RF tags in Bible (translators' notes) is not displayed in the popup.
- MySword restarts in Oreo when the WebView is killed by the system to reclaim memory.
- Text-to-speech improvements:
- New Repeat modes:
- Continuous - goes to the next book.
- Repeat verse range - repeats a specified number of verses. Deluxe version allows more than one verse.
- Support for multiple languages (if it's available in the Default TTS Engine) for Bible modules:
- The language field of the Details table of the Bible file should be properly set though to the 3 letter ISO code of the language (See About module); or
- Go to the Download modules so that the mysword_modules.xml file in the mysword/download folder will be created and used as a source of the language mapping; or
- Update the newly created file tts-module-language-map.txt in the mysword/mydata folder to include mapping for unofficial Bible modules.
- Interlinear support for mixed English and Greek or Hebrew for non-parallel view. Hebrew was not tested as it's not yet available in Google TTS.
- Support for Parallel Bible view (Premium).
- Repeat count for repeat page and verse range (Deluxe).
- New Repeat modes:
- Option to show commentary compare link on Commentary view at the right of the heading.
- On Other look and feel preference, there is Show compare in Commentary.
- Commentary link text is the same as in Commentary link for the Bible view.
- Dictionary view's heading can now be tapped to see the word in other similar dictionaries for Kitkat and higher similar to popups.
- Added Compact mode checkbox in Preferences under Display settings for devices whose Menu/Gear button doesn't work.
- Search improvement in selections (Deluxe): management of selections (add/delete/save/retrieve) in case there are more than 2.
- Menu/Gear button not working in some devices.
- In Nougat or higher, Dark Holographic Theme, the Search history, Select verse Type selector on top and the module selector of the Editor in Split mode (Deluxe) are not easily readable.
- Summary (Deluxe) bugs:
- Commentary and map links are included.
- Summary sentences don't have the original accents/diacritics where as the Summary highlight have them.
Enjoy God's word even more!