Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.10.5
MySword 10.5's major features are long tap menu improvements and Export/Import Modules List for ease of downloading all modules selected in old device for the new one.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable older Free version (MySword 10.4) from the Google Play Store.
Please note that only the Free version is now available in Google Play while the one available from this website can be upgraded to Premium or Deluxe version. The website version can always be installed over the Google Play version by checking Unknown sources (Android Settings->Security).
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
Please note that the latest version of MySword (MySword 9.2 and higher) requires ICS (Android 4.0) or higher. If your device is still Gingerbread 2.3.1 or Honeycomb, please download the older version MySword 9.1.2 below. If you still have Eclair or Froyo, please download an even older version of MySword 7.4 below.
Older version of MySword v.9.1.2 - 2 June 2018 (Gingerbread/Honeycomb)
Older version of MySword v.7.4 - 6 December 2016 (Eclair/Froyo)
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- What's new in Version 10.5
- Bugs Fixed in Version 10.5
- Bugs Fixed in Version 10.4.1
- What's new in Version 10.4
- Bugs Fixed in Version 10.4
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Google Play" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than Google Play. To do this, go to Settings->Security and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card (or internal storage) as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the storage folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
- Export/Import Modules List for ease of downloading all modules selected in old device for the new one.
- Export Modules List in the Menu->Copy/Export to export into MySwordModulesList.txt to a desired path. This can then be shared or copied to a new device.
- Import Modules List in the Menu of Download Modules screen.
- New Other Look and Feel Preference: Show menu/action link in Bible. This is an alternative to long tap to open the context menu.
- New Long tap menu for Bible: Add/Edit notes. Useful if you don't want to go to the Notes screen anymore just to add/edit notes. If you can't see it at the bottom of the long tap menu, please go back to Preferences and enable the new menu item.
- Editor's Mini Bible Viewer for Deluxe is now a full fledge viewer for all Module types with history navigation. Long tap to use old Bible only viewer.
- Download modules screen Install size overflow to negative when total install size exceeds 2GB but download is just fine.
- Invalid verse chapter:verse with number 0 as possibly the result of a Commentary search (chapter 0 and verse 0 are book and chapter introductions, repectively) can crash the Verse Selector.
- Popups don't work when Large is selected in the Button size preference.
- Popup dialog improvements:
- Popup can now be dragged around via the title bar.
- Ability to show full screen (but not fully immersed):
- Toggle full screen button on the top right for Popup with long content. Enabled by default in the preferences Popups section.
- Option in the preferences Popups section to always use full screen for long content.
- Text-to-speech now supports the language (Details table, language field) set for non-Bible modules (Deluxe).
- Split windows (Deluxe) Sync option for Dictionaries in Preferences under Display settings useful for syncing Strong dictionaries.
- Including HGPD (or Bibles with Hebrew OT and Greek NT) in parallel in OT will make English translations right aligned too due to forced RTL.
- Arrange Long tap menu don't remember unchecked items.
- Copy (current verse via button or menu) in Bible view in Compare or Parallel causes a crash.
- Adhoc tags (Deluxe) with long text may pull the commentary, map and people links down the next line but the width of the tag is still full width making the rightmost overflow of the screen to the right requiring a horizontal scroll.
Enjoy God's word even more!