Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword Project. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.9.4
MySword 9.4's major features are Search/filter to easily find a preference in Preferences screen and other improvements and bugfixes.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable Free version (MySword 9.4) from the Google Play Store.
Please note that only the Free version is now available in Google Play while the one available from this website can be upgraded to Premium or Deluxe version. The website version can always be installed over the Google Play version by checking Unknown sources (Android Settings->Security).
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the new version from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click the download link below.
Please note that the latest version of MySword (MySword 9.2 or higher) requires ICS (Android 4.0) or higher. If your device is still Gingerbread 2.3.1 or Honeycomb, please download the older version MySword 9.1.2 below. If you still have Eclair or Froyo, please download an even older version of MySword 7.4 below.
Older version of MySword v.9.1.2 - 2 June 2018 (Gingerbread/Honeycomb)
Older version of MySword v.7.4 - 6 December 2016 (Eclair/Froyo)
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- What's new in Version 9.4
- Bugs Fixed in Version 9.4
- What's new in Version 9.3
- Bugs Fixed in Version 9.3
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Google Play" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than Google Play. To do this, go to Settings->Security and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card (or internal storage) as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the storage folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
- Preferences improvement:
- Search/filter to easily find a preference.
- Removed the OK button in Search as it is redundant as Back is enough and it's confusing to the search function.
- Crash after download modules in a fresh install in Android Nougat 7.1.1.
- Long tap text popup menu no longer appears in Android Pie.
- file:// links in journals and notes no longer worked and go to Parallel view instead.
- Arrange Compare/Parallel/ Commentaries/Dictionaries named selection arrangement of non-existing module also affects first module and other non-existing modules.
- Preview and View Clipboard in Bible Bookmark similar to Verse List.
- New Popups preference: Compare/Parallel link as icon. This is to make (Compare) and the new (Parallel) link as icons for a more compact view.
The 4 row icon is the Commentary link while the 3 column icon is the Parallel link.
- Bible Compare now has a special link to Arrange Bibles for Compare (Free, Premium and Deluxe), and selectable list of named selections for Jellybean and higher (Deluxe).
- New preference Parallel in single column which is useful for smartphones where every translation is in a separate line similar to Compare (but unlike Compare which shows only one verse, the Parallel view shows one Chapter). This was inspired by OGNT-NET that has both NET and OGNT Greek text in the same module. Why not allow users to select what modules to have in a display similar to Compare but for the whole chapter, instead of creating custom Bible modules?
- Bible Parallel now has a special link to Arrange Bibles for Parallel (Free, Premium and Deluxe), and selectable list of named selections for Jellybean and higher (Deluxe).
- Arrange Compare, Parallel, Commentaries and Dictionaries now have named selection (Deluxe) similar to Map Locations and Search Selection:
- Manage (add/remove/save/retrieve) named selection of modules
- Filter the list
- Select all/none
- Multiple language support in TTS for Popups and non-Bible views (Deluxe). The non-Bible module should have a lang attribute for block tags like p, div, h#, li, td or inline span using 2 or 3 letter ISO language code supported by Android/Java Locale. Compare and Parallel popups already injects the language.
- Editor improvement: insert verse with text will now include lang attribute in case the Bible has a specified language so that the TTS will work better supporting multiple languages.
- Text-to-speech in some devices crashes due to IllegalArgumentException or NullPointerException.
- Text-to-speech for Bible Compare scrolling is off by one translation.
- + sign in the RF tags in Bible (translators' notes) is not displayed in the popup.
- MySword restarts in Oreo when the WebView is killed by the system to reclaim memory.
Enjoy God's word even more!