Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword Project. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.6.4
MySword 6.4's major features are Preferences, Verse List, Search and Editor improvements.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable Free version (MySword 6.4) from the Google Play Store.
Please note that only the Free version is now available in Google Play while the one available from this website can be upgraded to Premium or Deluxe version. The website version can always be installed over the Google Play version by checking Unknown sources (Android Settings->Security).
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the new version from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click the download link below.
Please note that MySword requires the minimum Android version of 2.1 (Eclair) for it to be installed.
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- What's new in Version 6.4
- Bugs Fixed in Version 6.4
- Bugs Fixed in Version 6.3.1
- What's new in Version 6.3
- Bugs Fixed in Version 6.3
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Google Play" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than Google Play. To do this, go to Settings->Security and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card (or internal storage) as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the storage folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
- New Preference:
- Settings file - choose the settings file to use (copy, rename, delete and select). This is a shortcut to manually copying the settings.mybible file and renaming it to settings.mybible.
- Reset settings file - resets settings file to fresh install state. This is done by deleting the settings file so that it will be recreated when MySword restarts.
- Bible Preferences improvements:
- Enabled in Free version for 7 options: Show highlights, Show notes, Show tags, Interlinear view, Show transliteration, Show interlinear text and Gradient highlight.
- Long tap for the Compact mode left Navigation Drawer now shows the toggle options for Premium/Deluxe if the Bible has like in Byzantine 2005++ just like the tablet's top button or in non-compact mode.
- Verse List on Compare/Parallel mode (no active Bible) improvements:
- Verses without specific Bible will use the first Bible with OT and NT for displayed text.
- Range will also use a similar Bible.
- Search improvements for RTL modules like Hebrew: the results as well as the preview are now right aligned.
- Editor improvement: Detect verses is now case-insensitive so that MAT 1:1 or mat 1:1 will now be detected.
- Merge Bible references improvement: one HTML break (new line but not new paragraph) is now considered a valid separator aside from comma and semicolon. This is useful for TSKe.
- New fresh install default settings: Bible, Dictionary and Personal Notes links as Popup are enabled.
- Bible Preferences (Premium) list adjustment: moved the Strong's links on text down to after Show title. This is to prevent confusion between it and Show Strong's tags.
- Edit Cross Reference (Deluxe) on Compare/Parallel mode (no active Bible) improvement: Verses without specific Bible will use the first Bible with OT and NT for displayed text.
- Adhoc tag (Deluxe) display improvements:
- Removed excessive bottom margin for verse in paragraph mode with Adhoc tag containing multiple paragraphs.
- Added bottom margin for verse in non-paragraph mode with Adhoc tag containing multiple paragraphs positioned before the verse.
- Multiple long content Adhoc tags are now left aligned (formerly, all are aligned except the first which is a bit indented to the left).
- Preferences->Button Style is not enabled in the Free version.
- Opening Verse List and Edit Cross References in Compare or Parallel mode will crash the Preview and View Clipboard if there are verses because there is no active Bible.
- Cross References back links ranges are due to ranges of the forward links; e.g. Psa 32:1 back link from Num 23:21 must only be Num 23:21 and not Num 23:21-22.
- ICS and higher using Default Android Theme displays an error when About is opened.
- If the Book view is never opened, changing the settings (like Text size and Color theme) causing a reload of the page but not the app shows: loadBrowser failed for type 5. Null
- User Color Theme should override the Book's Custom CSS just like the other module types.
- Visual Color Theme Editor (Premium) in tablet landscape mode with split screen displays error on opening.
- Edit Cross Reference's (Deluxe) Edit verse is not working.
- In Search Bible split preview (Deluxe) in compare, the Abbreviation link does not show popup of whole chapter.
MySword 6.3.1 is just a bug fix of MySword 6.3.
- Failed to initialize error in Arrange Bible buttons.
- Other bug fixes.
- Only the Free version is now available in Google Play while the one available from the website can be upgraded to Premium or Deluxe version. The website version can always be installed over the Google Play version by checking Unknown sources (Android Settings->Security).
- Compact mode improvements:
- The 2 custom buttons at the bottom is increased to 4. Note that the 3rd is only useful for phablets while the 4th only for tablets, otherwise they will either be off the screen or overlapping the page down.
- Added new top right menu and custom button options: Verse List, Stats and other Info, and short cut to Module types (Bible, Commentary, Dictionary, Personal Notes, Journal and Book). For the bottom custom buttons, if the current view already matched the short cut (for example, you are already in Journal view and there is a Journal short cut), tapping it will switch to Bible so in effect it is a toggle to that view and Bible.
- WYSIWYG Editor improvements:
- Added Insert Box (via + or Insert button). You can specify the box color, style, size and background highlight/color. You can adjust the internal margin or padding by going to Format->Style parent tag, then adjust the padding which is default to 0.2em.
- Added new Format action: Edit parent HTML.
- Full screen with double tap and single tap both disabled is no longer allowed as it is hard for many users to exit full screen.
- Journal and Book list now follows similar sorting as in other views like the Bible: when Android Language is set to non-English locale, abbreviations in that locale are displayed first after those starting with numbers and before English; but using the English locale will cause non-English abbreviations to be displayed last.
- Added new Bible view preference: Old Testament quote. By default there is no style so you have to use the Visual Color Theme or CSS Editor. Note that there are only few Bibles with OT quote tags like KJV.
- Edit Bible Cross References (Deluxe) via left Navigation drawer or top right Bible button bar (locate the hyperlink icon). You can add, edit or remove Bible references on the current verse using a UI similar to Bookmark or Verse list manager.
- Added Stats and other Info bottom button (i icon; available also in Compact mode bottom menu) which currently have About Module and the Deluxe Word Frequency and Word Occurrence. In the future, more will be added like Extract verses.
- Navigating to a Bible link in Full screen when Show topic in full screen is checked causes a crash.
- Compact mode long tap popup menu will no longer show up if the Navigation drawer on the left was partially opened then closed (not fully opened). The only way to bring it back is either to restart MySword or fully open the drawer then close.
- Book/Journal entries with title containing # do not show up.
- Non-WYSIYWG Editor crashes loading content with length greater than 10,500 and also limits the content to that size in some devices like LG.
Enjoy God's word even more!